Sunday, May 10, 2009

Winning the Trifecta

Alright already! We get it! I like hats.

Well, I'm excited about them mainly becuase I have now completed my trifecta. Found my holy grail. I got the cute boater and the sassy derby. But they were both new pieces. But this weekend I was down at our favorite antiques store, and as i walked up to the window, I saw it. The MOST AMAZING vintage top hat. EVER!

Look at it:



Those are the eyes of a girl in luvvvvvvvvvv.....



Note: the band was on backwards and I had to fix it later but was too excited to take pictures.

Not only is the hat gorgeous and near pristine but it came with the leather carrying case. This needs to be buffed up a bit and dusted off but inside the hat fits in snugly, it has its satin and velvet and the straps to hold everything in place.




I would love love love to take this with me to New York but it's almost too nice (not too mention delicate) to travel with. I think I'm just going to have to wear this around town and to work every day for the next year.

GLEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

queengilda said...

that. hat. box. is. a.m.a.z.ing!

Polgarra said...

As if the hat wasn't awesome enough, the hat box would have me sold on it. Good find.