Monday, September 27, 2010

Review - Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick #22 Paris

I am not a huge make-up person.  I don't wear a lot and I'm not good with experimentation or pushing the boundaries on color.  I just don't have the face for it.  So I typically go for pretty colors and simple looks.  I love mascara and a good lipstick and gloss.  I have recently started trying out the L'oreal Studio Secrets primer, maybe dot on some Prescriptives custom base (which I've been using for 15+ years) and a dusting of translucent powder.

I don't spend a lot on eyeshadow or powder, etc., but I do like to splurge a bit on lipstick.  And my favorite is Chanel.



As you can see, I have quite a few.  The big problem is that I tend to fall in love with a shade and then find out it was a seasonal limited color and have to try and find replacements. Then I hoard the little amount I have left, doling it out only on special occasions. 

The most recent color I fell for was the Chanel Rouge Coco #22 "Paris".  

I saw this vibrant, almost fuchsia, pink on Sandra Bullock at the Oscars this year and had to track down that pink.


There was quite a run on the color but I eventually got my tube.. and it is bright!


The range comes in colors from browns to pinks to corals perfect for the looks seen in the Spring 2011 shows.  I may go and check out the brownish-pink "Mademoiselle" and just got the coraly-red #58 "Audace" (to be reviewed soon).



I find this color to be very intense going on out of the tube.  It's soft and moisturizing but not overly creamy.  This color has a real shine to it.  It's not shimmery at all. 

When I combine this with my bright red hair it's kind of a contrast, so I like to blot it.  You still get quite a good pink but not so in your face.  I can stop there if I want to keep a matte look but I usually layer this with a darker toned lipstick or top with a slightly more coral gloss.
 
Blotted only

This time I topped the Paris with the Chanel Glossimer #197 "Gazelle", which is a shimmery peach.

With "Gazelle" Glossimer

I luvvvv the Glossimers too! My favorite is #15 "Spark".

 

 I find it challenging to buy make-up, especially lipstick.  The tube never gives you a real look at the color or the feel or the application.  They need to sell more mini-tubes like perfume samples so you could wear it a time or two before you commit.

I've received a few samples of products including toners, lotions and nail polish, as well as a few new make-up items I've bought.  I plan on doing more reviews so keep an eye out for the Bubblegum Plastic banner.

No comments: