Sunday, March 2, 2008

Reflections of You

I have a fondness for all things vintage and I also love old fashioned mannerisms. One holdover, like gloves and handkerchiefs, that I want to help bring back is the pretty compact. Of course, it can be tacky to touch up your full face of make-up in public, but a quick pat of powder, a swipe of lipstick and a discreet check to make sure you don't have food or lipstick on your teeth is perfectly acceptable.

And pulling out one of these compacts would be a lady-like and fun way to dress up the process?

I'm kind of torn. Do I go for something totally over the top girly Heart of Hearts compact?



Or more classic and elegant with the Tuberose Gardenia compact which comes in a powdered compact or simply a mirrored compact.

This Twinkling Pink compact is a feminine but still subtle version too.



All of these are by Estee Lauder and are refillable. I actually used to have an Estee Lauder compact that was based on signs of the zodiac. I'm a Leo so mine was gold in the shape of a lion's head with small rhinestones. I just can't find it, so I think I need to get a new one. Then I need to make room in my purse not only for all the modern technology I have in there (two phones, a digital camera and my iPod) but also for a little retro glamor.

No comments: