Sunday, June 22, 2008

Getting An Eyeful

I've always liked thick fluttery lashes. In fact, I've often been accussed of batting my eyes maybe a little too much. The one make-up item I would not want to do without is mascara. But I haven't ever played too much with fake eyelashes. They just seemed too regular, too close to how my actual lashes look so I didn't see the point.

But in the past few years we've been seeing more and more "fun" lashes. Lashes that aren't suppossed to look real but are just adorable in their fakeness.

I blame Shrinkle for my obsession with over-the-top feather lashes. I got these pink ones from her store last year.



I also got them in black too. Plus, Miss Shrinkle is a tempting model too. How you could not want to imitate her adorable-ness.





Susie Bubble got the uber-cool Viktor & Rolf paperclip eyelashes herself (I'm hoping to track down a pair for a very modern look I'd like to try). Sadly we don't have a Lash Bar in my town, but they do have a good selection of their lashes on the site so I went on a ordered myself up a few pairs - nothing tame here. We like the crazy ones!

I did get the Lash Repair as well as the adhesive so they would go on properly.



These are about as subtle as I wanted to get - the Black Velvet Feather lashes. They look almost subtle here, right?



Nope! Big and feathery! I was just playing around with them when I got them home on Friday. I can't wait to do a real run with them.



Then we get into the really fun ones - the Premium Velvet Feather lashes made of wispy brown feathers.





They're huge! And match my hair color...



I love them. Now I just have to try and apply them properly. Do you think they would be too much for wearing to work?