Thursday, August 28, 2008

Water Conservation

No, I'm not going to get all environmental here. I'm just have to talk about my new love - dry shampoo. I know I'm late to get on the bandwagon but, hey, better late than never.

I have long hair that I have to wash pretty much every day other wise it becomes a big stringy mop which is also great for my complexion. If I don't wash it - greasy. If I don't condition it - huge tangles. Lots of fun. The other fun part is it takes forever to dry. So when I ignore the alarm and wake up late, I know I'm not going to make up any time because I still have to wash my stupid hair.

Also, for some reason, my hair has not been reacting well to any shampoo and conditioner. I try to get ones without sulfates but they are leaving my hair too hard to comb through. And the regular Pantene stuff is not rinsing out well. I don't know what to do.

But for now I've got this secret weapon and I love it!





I know there are a number of dry shampoos out there but this is the only one I've tried so far - Klorane Dry Oat Shampoo.

You just spray it on and then brush it out. Just like the instructions say. Amazing!

But it works!

Even on my thick hair, it works so well that I can't believe it. And it makes my hair actually look fuller. And not greasy. I love it! It's also good for color-treated hair as you reduce the amount you are washing out your color.

I think I'm going to have to buy a can to replace this one plus a can for my office. Maybe another one for my purse because it's small enough to fit in there. If you have any recommendations for other brands or a solution to my shampoo/conditioner traumas, I'd be happy to get your advice!

2 comments:

camiropa said...

I found your blog a long time ago and even though its one of my favorites, I don't always find time to read... so I was catching up this morning and loved this post. I will have to give the dry shampoo thing a try...

I'd love to wash my hair every other day but my hair is WAY too greasy for that and since its extremely fine hair, it plasters itself to my head and it looks like I've just poured a bottle of veggie oil on my head!

I, too, use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner to keep my color from fading, and my hair doesn't have that difficult texture to comb through like you mentioned. I use a brand called Chi- you should look it up. Stay away from Pantene!! Aside from smelling good, its awful for your hair! Another sulfate-free that my stylist recommended was Back to Basics (talk about smelling yummy)... both brands are salon-sold only.

Poochie said...

I will have to look those up because my hair is driving me crazy! Nothing is working right and it's getting darn expensive.

Luv
Poochie