Thursday, March 18, 2010

Trick the Eye - Chanel Trompe L-oeil Tattoos

While I was not (and am still not) enamored with the Chanel Spring/Summer 2010 clogs, I did fall in love with the overall aesthetic... especially the use of the temporary tattoos on the models.



They added an unexpected layer of frill, froth and girliness and I was a smitten kitten.








So when I found out they were releasing a limited edition set... well... you know those are some of my favorite words.

The kit comes with 55 tattoo components so you can "build your own" look.



To test them out I started off small with a pear bracelet and logo combination.



The tattos were fun and easy to apply and are still going strong, which was almost a week ago. They're a great way to add a layer or wear jewelry when you don't want to wear real jewelry because it might get damaged or lost. I can't wait to mix these in with other bracelets or necklaces.

The set is $75 and you can order them by calling the Chanel counter at Bergdorfs - 212 872 2779 or via the Chanel website.

How would you wear them?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Poochie! Mine arrived one week ago and I didn't try them yet.... uggghhhhh! I need ideas. Help?