Monday, August 6, 2007

Inspiration

The other day I had the pleasure of meeting and working with a lovely lady named Beverly Rivers. She is a former Better Homes and Gardens(r) Editor in Chief and it was a pleasure working with her.

Bev has an amazing sense of style that was obvious from the moment I met her. One the of things I first noticed was her jewelry. She has two especially amazing rings. One - a vintage piece she found randomly in a box at a flea market but that is this amazing diamond and pink topaz piece. The other is a very contemporary diamond design. Very different but both beautiful.
But when we met the next day I was awestruck by her necklace -


Gorgeous, isn't it? And let me tell you... it caught the light and sparkled like crazy. When I asked her about it, she said it was made of vintage brooches attached to a beaded necklace. Amazing!

I wish I had thought of it. I love vintage brooches and have several. I am totally in midst of scouring eBay for pieces to make my own necklace. What is great is that you could do this with all colors and styles. Get as creative as you want or combine for your favorite color combo. And it will look great casual and dressy - and be totally unique.

No comments: